January 27, 2015
This initiative has been running successfully in Philadelphia for over a year now. On December 20, 2014 at the Community College of Philadelphia the fifth group of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Scholars became graduates of the program. There are now a total of 136 alumni.
Community College of Philadelphia (CCP) manages the education component of this program, providing entrepreneurs in the greater Philadelphia region with access to practical business courses and powerful networking opportunities to help their businesses grow. Through the support of the Goldman Sachs Foundation, business owners selected to participate in the education program, receive a scholarship covering the full cost of tuition and program materials.
If you would like to be a part of this growing network of successful graduates, act fast. The deadline to apply for the next cohort is February 2, 2015. Apply Today!
PIDC manages the capital program for Philadelphia as well as provides business support services. PIDC’s financing is available to any small business or nonprofit located, or planning to locate in Philadelphia. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis based on a few criteria:
- Have at least four employees
- Have revenues between $150,000 and $4 million
- Have been in operation for at least two years
- Are located or plan to locate in the City of Philadelphia
- Priority given to businesses that are located in a low to moderate income census tract or primarily employ low to moderate income individuals
Funds from the program can be used for:
- Working capital
- Machinery and equipment
- Building improvements
- Leasehold improvements
- Real estate acquisition & construction (speculative real estate ventures are not eligible)
To learn more on how PIDC can assist your small business to grow in Philadelphia through the 10,000 Small Businesses Initiative, please contact Chamor Hollinger at 215.496.8157 or .