January 24, 2022
Walt D’Alessio committed more than 46 years to PIDC as its chief executive and Chairman. He embodies the core principles of the PIDC partnership—dedication, integrity, and an unwavering commitment to supporting growth throughout Philadelphia.
As part of PIDC’s 60th Anniversary in 2018, and in recognition of Walt’s decades of commitment and leadership at PIDC; his many years of service to Philadelphia’s business, civic and governmental communities; and his support for people across the profession, we launched the PIDC-D’Alessio Scholarship Fund to support graduate students at Philadelphia schools seeking to pursue a career in urban development and finance.
The scholarship launched in 2019 and since then, we’ve awarded a total of six students.
In 2022, up to two (2) scholarships of up to $2,500 each will be awarded. Scholarship recipients will also be offered a paid PIDC fall internship in 2022. To be eligible, you must be:
- Pursuing a graduate degree
- A student at a Philadelphia college or university; or a Philadelphia resident at a college or university studying outside the Philadelphia area
- Pursuing one of the following areas of study:
- Urban Studies
- Public Administration
- Real Estate
- Regional and/or City Planning
- Urban Planning and Design
The 2022 application is due March 31, 2022.