This RFP invites Construction Managers at Risk to respond and submit related qualifications for the development of an 87,700 sf school building on an approximately 83,725 sf (or 1.9 acres) parcel located at 6523 Lansdowne Avenue in Philadelphia, PA.
PIDC, on behalf of the City and PAID, is pleased to offer this exciting RFQ opportunity for parties interested in redeveloping the architecturally and historically-significant, 247,196 SF building, formerly known as The Judge Nicholas A. Cipriani Family Court Building (“Family Court Building”) and the approximately 88,300 SF lot at 1901 Wood Street (together known as “Property”). The Property, in a highly visible location along and just behind the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, provides a rare opportunity to revitalize an important historic building and to create a unique, new development along Philadelphia’s most prominent thoroughfare
This RFP invites Construction Managers at Risk (“CM”) to respond and submit related qualifications for the development of an 87,700 sf school building for the School District of Philadelphia (“District”) on an approximately 83,725 sf (or 1.9 acres) parcel located at 6523 Lansdowne Avenue in Philadelphia, PA (“Property”). The property is occupied by the existing Lewis C. Cassidy Academic Plus which is currently under demolition.
This Request for Proposals (“RFP”) is distributed and managed by the Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (“PIDC”) on behalf of the District and the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development (“PAID”). The District’s and PIDC’s primary objective in issuing this solicitation is to select a diverse, experienced, capable and qualified Construction Manager to complete the project on-time and on-budget. Specific commitments to and direct representation of diversity, equity and inclusion at all phases and levels of any proposed development project will carry significance in the evaluation of responses.
Exhibits are linked as separate PDFs. You will be redirected to our Google Drive:
- Exhibit A: Construction Management Agreement
- Exhibit B: Sublease Agreement
- Exhibit C: Design Drawing
- Exhibit C: Design Specs
- Exhibit D: Demo Drawing
- Exhibit D: Demo Specs
- Exhibit E: Soil Testing
- Exhibit F: Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
- Exhibit G: Federal Grants Guidance & Davis Bacon
- Addendum 1 – 6/24/2022
- The deadline to submit the proposals for the New Lewis C. Cassidy Academics Plus has been extended until Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 3:00 PM.
- Addendum 2 will be issued on Tuesday, June 28, 2022 responding to all the questions received to date.
- The new questions deadline is extended until Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 12:00 PM.
- Addendum 3, if required, will be posted on Friday, July 1, 2022.
- Addendum 2 – 6/28/2022
- Addendum 3 – 7/1/2022
- Responses to RFI questions
- Appendix J
- Drawings C-400, C-500, C-600, and C-604
- Section 02 09 00 Instrumentation and Controls for HVAC
- SDP – PAID Lease Agreement
Project Manager: Dan Sadwick
Info Request Emails go to: ">