DEPARTMENT: REAL ESTATE SERVICES
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, REAL ESTATE SERVICES
Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) is Philadelphia’s public-private economic development corporation. As a private, non-profit organization founded in 1958 as a partnership of the City of Philadelphia and the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, our mission is to spur investment, support business growth, and foster developments that create jobs, revitalize neighborhoods and drive growth to every corner of Philadelphia. We offer flexible financing tools, a targeted portfolio of industrial and commercial real estate, and decades of Philadelphia-based knowledge to help our clients invest, develop and grow. PIDC works with companies of all sizes in every area of Philadelphia. We work on projects big and small with businesses, developers and non-profits in every sector.
Over the past 60 years, PIDC has settled more than 7,300 transactions with a diverse range of clients – including more than $16.6 billion of financing and more than 3,200 acres of land sales – which have leveraged over $29 billion in total investment and assisted in retaining and creating hundreds of thousands of jobs throughout Philadelphia.
PIDC’s Real Estate Services group provides a range of services, including (1) management and marketing of 250 acres of industrially-zoned development sites, (2) development and implementation of strategic real estate initiatives, and (3) redevelopment oversight for key public assets.
To support and expand these services, PIDC seeks a dedicated, versatile, and detail-oriented professional to fill a new role as Research and Project Manager. The successful candidate will execute research assignments, manage projects, and support key strategic initiatives across RES’ portfolio, to advance PIDC’s overall goals of expanding Philadelphia’s job base, positioning our commercial and industrial land to attract and retain businesses, increasing investment, and growing the city’s tax base.
This position will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Conduct research and analysis, using internal and external data sources, to support RES projects and initiatives related to industrial and commercial land in Philadelphia. Develop written materials, presentations, talking points, and other products to convey information in a clear and concise manner to internal and external audiences. Track and provide updates on key industries, as well as local, state, and federal economic development policies that relate to industrial and commercial land, to inform and align RES initiatives.
- Assist with development and execution of strategies to advance key economic development initiatives related to industrial and commercial land in Philadelphia. Manage projects related to the planning and real estate components of those initiatives and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to advance the overall initiatives. Projects may involve real estate, finance, policy, and other components, and the successful candidate will work with PIDC’s internal departments, external partners such as the City of Philadelphia and the Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia, policymakers, and other organizations as required.
- Develop and execute funding strategies for key economic development initiatives involving industrial and commercial real estate in Philadelphia, including leveraging the City’s Industrial and Commercial Land Bank (managed by PIDC) to attract external funding, resource identification, preparation of high-quality grant proposals, management of RES grant portfolio, and coordination with PIDC’s Operations team to ensure that reporting and compliance requirements are met for all funders.
- Develop metrics and tracking mechanisms to illustrate the outputs, outcomes, and impacts of RES’ work (e.g. acres sold/leased/purchased, revenue, cost, investment, development volume, jobs created), particularly as it relates to the Industrial and Commercial Land Bank. Develop spreadsheets, tracking mechanisms, and reporting tools to accurately track budgets, sources and uses, historic investment, leveraged investment, inclusive development components, and other metrics by project or initiative.
- Manage external consultants and engage stakeholders to support research and strategy development. Develop workplans and ensure that deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in business or liberal arts required (BA or BS degree); an advanced degree (MS, MPA or MBA) from an accredited college or university is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop is a plus.
- Previous experience in economic development, management consulting, program or project management, and/or research and policy development.
- Demonstrated experience in a combination of research and analysis, as well as managing strategic planning through project execution for business and/or economic development programs in an urban setting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a team player committed to both internal and external collaboration.
- Philadelphia resident at the time of hire or relocation and continued residency within six (6) months is required.
- A valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants should submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume along with annual salary requirements by no later than Friday, February 21, 2020 to the contact info below.
PIDC promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other
legally protected factor.