DEPARTMENT: THE NAVY YARD
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The Marketing and Community Engagement Intern will report to the Community Engagement Manager responsible for events, community development, digital marketing, and corporate social responsibility. The intern will help to develop marketing content in a variety of print and electronic formats; assist with community outreach and engagement initiatives; assist with creative placemaking activities; organize and participate in community events, projects, and meetings with Navy Yard tenants, partners, stakeholders, and community leaders.
Community Engagement – 40 %
- Conduct initial research and compile information on public space programming and park space planning.
- Assist with outreach for community engagement efforts, providing logistical support at community meetings, and compile feedback for analysis .
- Support and attend Navy Yard presentations, tours, employee orientations, and other community engagement efforts with the Community Engagement Manager .
- Assist with logistics for community events, both internal and external.
Digital Marketing & Research – 35 %
- Assist in researching, writing, and editing original content for Navy Yard website and the Yard BLOG.
- Assist with data analysis and tracking for website traffic and social media engagements.
- Help develop and implement distribution strategies for various Navy Yard employees and partners for weekly, monthly, or quarterly communications outlets.
Special Projects – 25%
- Assist with creating, planning, and executing seasonal social media challenges and contests.
- Assist with creating, developing, and executing outreach and engagement strategies for community events, workshops, programs, and initiatives.
- Research and develop creative placemaking strategies and wayfinding initiatives.
- Catalogue Navy Yard photo assets and conversion of historic mediums (slides, negatives, print) to digital format.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Passion for the City of Philadelphia and enthusiasm for PIDC’s mission to help businesses and non-profit organizations create and retain jobs in Philadelphia.
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in to support various projects, tasks as needs arise.
- Interests in Urban Planning, Economic Development, Community Development, Marketing, and Advertising is a plus.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college and/or university.
Interested applicants should electronically submit a cover letter and resume by no later than Friday, April 10, 2020 to the contact information below.
PIDC promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other
legally protected factor.